CyberMODO is an Authorized Prometric Testing Centre (APTC)
Welcome to the international family of Authorized Prometric Testing Centres (APTCs). CyberMODO is part of a network of testing centers, organized and managed by Prometric. This network offers testing services to a variety of certifying organizations, including major corporations, individuals and government agencies. As part of this network, an APTC is authorized to provide professional testing services for one or more of these certifying organizations (clients), using the Authorized Prometric Testing System. CyberMODO is a member of Prometric's European support region, which includes testing centers in Europe, the eastern Mediterranean. Middle East and Africa.
PROMETRIC TESTING SYSTEM
Computer-Based Testing (CBT) is the process of using a computer instead of paper and pencil for examinations. The Sylvan CBT system is used on Personal Computers (PCs) operating normally on Local Area Networks (LANs). The system scores the completed examinations automatically and provides score reports in some cases. Information interchange between each APTC makes use of the APTC Wide Area Network (WAN).
There are two types of examinations: linear and adaptive. Linear examinations present a fixed number of questions with a given time. Adaptive examinations present a variable number of questions within a given time; the number of questions and the examination length is determined by the examinee's answers.
Examinations also include special features such as reviewing questions, marking questions, and skipping questions. Clients (Microsoft, CompTIA) determine the type of examination and special features for each of their examinations.
REGISTERING AND SCHEDULING
When candidates are ready to take certification tests, they call the APTC or they arrange with the APTC, where they have also taken their training, to complete the registration for them.
To be admitted to the CyberMODO APTC, examinees must bring two forms of identification as positive proof of identity. One must bear a recent photograph; both must bear the examinee's signature.
Examples of acceptable forms of photo identification include:
- Driver's license
- Emirates identification
- Employee identification card
- Credit card
Scheduling Future Appointments
Generally, candidates will register and schedule their exams several days to several months in advance. Depending on the amount of time between registration the scheduled exam and on practice, Cyber APTC sends an appointment confirmation letter by e-mail or fax. This letter summarizes the following information:
Appointment date - Specific information about each test the candidate will be taking on that date:
- Test number
- Test name
- Registration number
- closed book
- Appointment time
- Location of, and directions to Cyber APTC
- Telephone number of the APTC for further information
Besides specific testing information, most appointment confirmation letters also include the following procedural information:
- Scheduling - To cancel or reschedule a test, candidates must call registration at the center no later than 48 business hours before the scheduled time of the test. Generally, a candidate who does not appear for the test or who cancels later than the cancellation deadline, will not receive a refund for the missed or cancelled test. That candidate also will be charged for the rescheduled test.
- Identification - Candidates are reminded to bring positive identification, containing both a photograph and signature match. Passports and national identification cards are the identification of choice. A driving license with picture and signature is also acceptable
- Adaptive or conventional - A brief description of both types of tests is provided
- Exhibit - Candidates are either informed that the APTC administrator will provide all exhibits at the time of the test or they are provided specific instructions for bringing exhibits to the APTC
- Book - The closed-book and book rules are briefly stated
- Appointment time - Candidates are reminded that the appointment time includes 15 minutes introductory time as well as the actual test time.
PROHIBITED TESTING AIDS
Use of the following items in the examination room is strictly prohibited unless an approved exception has been specified by the client (Microsoft)
- Books, pamphlets and dictionaries
- Papers of any kind (except those provided at the APTC)
- Slide rules, rulers, compasses and protractors
- Listening devices
- Calculator watches and watch alarms
- Highlighter pens
- Stencils, colour overlays
- Recording, copying and photographic devices
Special accommodations are available for examinees within the UAE. Prometric and its clients adhere to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in granting special examination administrations. This law requires that "examinations or courses related to licensing or certification for professional and trade purposes be accessible to persons with disabilities," and further states that such functions be "offered at equally convenient locations as often, and in as timely a manner, as are other examinations."
Some types of minor special arrangements can be made at the discretion of the manager. Examples of these are listed below:
- Use of a wheelchair
- A pillow for the examinee's back
- A stool to elevate an injured leg
In general methods of payment include check, credit card (VISA or MasterCard), and testing voucher.
TESTING HOURS OF OPERATION
Sunday - Saturday 9:00a.m to 9:00p.m
Friday 9:00a.m to 2:00p.m